Well, where did the time go? Rowena is already 6 months old and we have been in Singapore for about 7 weeks now. Everyone that has met Rowena has mentioned that she is one well-behaved baby. She has also started to show more of her personality compared to her 4 months old update.
[Of course, this post is up late and Rowena is already 6 months and 1 week old, but heh am still going to date this for 17th October.]
- She has gotten so much more chatty these days.
- She has gotten quite good at sitting on her own now (with minimal movement otherwise she loses her balance).
- She is still very much a huge fan girl of her older sister, she is able to be in a room for a period of time if her older sister is in the room.
- She has gotten quite good at jumping on her own (well with us holding her that is), hence she is still loving the song “5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed” before bedtime with her older sister.
- I take back how she is more guarded and less smiley than Esmerelda, because Rowena is such a smiley baby girl now that it doesn’t really take much to make her smile.
- She is really interested in what we eat and drink. So much so, she smacks her lips when she sees any of us eating/drinking. If we have her in our arms, we have to watch that she doesn’t manage to grab a hold of our utensils.
- She LOVES to put everything in her mouth, which was very different from Esmerelda. Esmerelda did not have a habit of putting things in her mouth.
- She LOVES to get her hands on anything that is within reach.
- She also likes to tilt her head back to look at you when she feels that you are not paying enough attention to her while she is in your arms (her back to you).
- She LOVES being out and about and frequently gets overtired and hungry because she is enjoying being out of the house.
- She LOVES bath time (we also noticed that if she gets a late morning bath, followed by a bottle, and a nap in an air-conditioned room she will nap quite contently for about 1.5 hours or 2).
- We have also started taking her to the wading pool so she could sit in the very shallow end and just smack her palm into the water causing water to splash all over her face.
- She has been introduced to the world of infant biscuits (Rusk and Arrowroot) and enjoys taking her time to gnaw on them.
- She still sleeps through the night unless she has had too much excitement and gets bad dreams. But still she sleeps through the night. *YES!*
- She starts getting picky towards bed time on who can hold her. 外婆 (Maternal Grandma) is the go to person for bed time routine since I am having to settle Esmerelda. I have tried to carry Rowena from my mum just before her bedtime routine and she would turn away from me. Ouch. But so happy to see how much she has bonded with my mum.
- She is still quite timid compared to Esmerelda but is slowly coming out of her shell. So we will wait and see on this one.